Monday, May 26, 2014

Heating Up Heavy Metal and Pencil Drawing

Memorial Day Weekend
Memorial Day Weekend
Photo Credit: Flickr Creative Commons License by yarntail
The summer heat is upon us, and it is Memorial Day weekend, for many of us.  It's a good time of years, as schools are letting out, vacations are being planned, and schedules are changing.

One thing this brings out is the barbecue, and later sundowns.  It's great, really.

Anyway, what have you all been up to?  Because, I've been doing quite a bit of drawing, myself.  I have nothing  ready to publish, just yet, but there's a few things I'm excited about on the horizon.

A couple things I am very excited about, are two lenses I wrote over at Squidoo.

Heavy Metal Cover October 2003
Heavy Metal Cover Oct. 2003
Photo Credit: Flickr Creative Commons License by Rene Walter
The truth is, a lot of people may come to realize, I took to drawing later in life.  It was something that was always sort of boiling in the back of my mind, but for some reason, I always had some other priority on my mind.  But do you know what always stuck out to me, a number of animated films.  And one of those was Heavy Metal, an 80's Cult Classic.

Heavy Metal is one of the all-time most amazing cult classic adult animated films.  It's loaded with drugs, sex and mind blowing rock-and-roll.  It's the kind of movie you either love or hate, but either way, you'll remember it.

Pencil Drawing As a Hobby
Pencil Drawing
The other lens I wrote, had a lot to do with my Philosophies in pencil drawing.  As most people know, I took to drawing sometime in 2011, and in that time, I've progressed quite a bit.  I'm obviously no master, but I draw almost everyday, and I've learned a considerable amount, about Pencil Drawing As a Hobby, and I was eager to share what I've learned.

The article is a list of six things that I think many people probably stumble upon, when they are trying to learn to draw, or at least just follow along with a lesson.  It's the kind of thing that people who draw frequently are familiar with, but someone who's just picked up a pencil for the first time, may not know.

A couple other things, I still haven't watched Metal Hurlant Chronicles, although I am still very excited to see it.  It's now available on both Vudu and M-Go, which are services available to Roku customers, but I just haven't had the time to watch it.

I have, however, connected with two of the actors of the show on Twitter and Facebook.  They are M H Rahman and Marem Hassler.  I couldn't tell you which episodes they appear on, but I can't wait to find out.  However, what this does mean, is me and these two people are totally friends, and we could totally get together, like right now, and junk.  I'm serious!

Anyway, thanks for reading!

No comments :

Post a Comment