Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Awesome Entertainment Without the Hassle!

Playing With Fire
Playing With Fire
Photo Credit: Flickr Creative Commons License by Si Hammond
I feel as though I've let myself down a bit.  I had started on the Squidoo Challenge, which I kept to diligently for two weeks.  But then, tragedy struck.  No, no, not anything for real, just a whole bunch of, waaah, waaaah, you know the drill.  I guess to be perfectly honest, I just didn't want to continue.

It's almost like I was on this super strict diet, and then I ate a doughnut, or something, and that little derailment was all I needed to just say screw it, and fold on the whole thing.  So, I've kind of decided to get back to my old routine, and not try to force anything.  Because, the truth is, I really just started doing Squidoo because, I wanted to promote my drawing, and encourage myself to continue drawing, but the truth was, I was so caught up in trying to keep up with the challenge that I wasn't really getting a chance to draw.

I mean, I have a family, and a full-time job that my boss expects me to show up for every day.  So, I've set my own schedule, which I'm not going to tell you about, so that I don't have to feel bad when I break that.  Anyway, I can at least get back to drawing sometimes, which is what I really want to be doing.

Space Ninjas
Space Ninjas
Along the lines of all the Squidoo business, I did manage to finish another article on How To Draw a Ninja.  I think it turned out really good, and it demonstrates a number of ways to draw three different ninjas.  Or, if you want you can check out the ninjas on a t-shirt at my Zazzle Store.

Along with the ninjas, I updated my How To Draw Breeds Of Cats article with a new cat, a Siamese.  I'm pretty pleased.  I think it turned out great.

One thing that's been on my mind, has been the coming of Metal Hurlant Chronicles to Syfy Channel.  I've been really excited about this, but I still haven't watched it, because I dropped my cable, which you can read about when I Cut the Cable, Go With Roku.  Anyway, because of that, I won't be able to keep up with the series until its completion, and then I can buy it on Amazon, or some other place like that.  I'm really looking forward to it, and I'd love to hear what others are saying about it, who've watched it on Syfy.

Hot Chick
Hot Chick
Photo Credit: Flickr Creative Commons License by Ben Salter
Along these lines, did you know that in the UK, there is something called Now TV, which gives UK Roku users access to several main stream cable channels for only 4.99 Euros?  The cable networks available include Discovery, MTV, Disney and HBO.  Yes, that's right!  In the UK, you can get HBO, that's Game of Thrones without all the bells and whistles of a cable subscription.  Doesn't that just blow your mind?

When will such as service be available in the US?  Never you say?  Come on people!  We need to rise up against the evil cable companies and demand that we have direct access to channels such as HBO and MTV if we want them.  We don't want to pay exorbitant monthly prices on hundreds of channels that include lifetime and oxygen or whatever else you may not really care about.  I mean come on.  What's the deal?  We want Game of Thrones without the hassle!

No comments :

Post a Comment