Sunday, March 30, 2014

Keeping It Hot and Heavy Metal

Girl Rocks
Girl Rocks
Photo Credit: Flickr Creative Commons License by Iris Laguna
Keep on Keepin On, as Bob Dylan used to say.  I've just completed week two of the Squidoo Challenge.  It has been a little difficult for me, because I had only intended to do Squidoo as a side dealy to help promote all of my other arty stuff.

I did finally achieve my goal of graduating from the Rocket Squids, and don't you know, I was immediately inducted into the Giant Squids.  I am very proud of that, so it kind of re-invigorated my drive to continue writing articles.  Keeping myself going at two-per week for the time being.  I'll keep this up for at least a little while longer.

Akira - Tetsuo
Akira - Tetsuo
Photo Credit: Flickr Creative Commons Photo by Dale Spencer
That being said, let me tell you about the two articles I wrote this week.  The first was about my all time favorite anime movie.  It's called Akira, Messiah or Nothing?  The article poses the question of the main character Tetsuo, who is weak in a time of terrible distress and corruption.  He's a protagonist and a villain in many regards, who's been given a gift, and when he tries to use it, so many things blow up, it's unimaginable.  Akira is a landmark piece of anime, and if you've never seen it, you should definitely check it out.

Bad To the Boneworld Hot Wings
Bad To the Boneworld Hot Wings
The second article, I wrote this past week, was on my Bad To the Boneworld Hot Wing recipe.  You see, I love me some hot wings, I mean real hot, but the cost of ordering out all the time can add up, so I came up with this simple recipe that anyone can handle.  I'm talking real simple.  I'm no cook.  In fact, anything that involves more than the microwave can befuddle me, at times.  But this recipe, is a no brainer.  It's quick, easy and bone-fide delicious.

On to other news, the countdown to the Syfy Channel debut of Metal Hurlant Chronicles is down to just over two weeks.  April 14, at 8:00PM, and it's on.  Tell me you're not blowing your biscuits over that.  I mean really.  I cannot wait!

Heavy Metal Magazine
Photo Credit: Flickr Creative Commons License Photo by Rae Allen
In the same vein, the Americanized magazine inspired by Metal Hurlant is still alive and well.  You to can get Heavy Metal magazine, in online version or delivered to your door.  Why not check out the art.  It seems they're emphasizing the wild comics rather than just the art, so it's kind of cool.

Something else I've stumbled upon is KR Animations UK, who is a Flash animator who has created some amazing Flash animated games, in record time.  He also offers tutorials, as well as some amazing finished products of what he's done.  It's pretty amazing.  You should check it out.

No comments :

Post a Comment