Monday, March 24, 2014

Out Of the Cold, and Feeling the Warmth!!!

Metal Hurlant
Metal Hurlant
Captain America Girl -- Winter Soldier
Captain America Girl -- The Winter Soldier
Photo Credit: Flickr Creative Commons 
Photo by pinguino k
Yes, it appears to final be rolling into Spring, and how could I be any more pleased with that.  The Winter months were long, and difficult.  I sustained a minor injury to my left hand from all the shoveling I had to do.   But don't worry about me, I'm right handed, and that hand is still fine.

As many people may know, I write articles on Squidoo.  And I most recently decided to take up the Squidoo challenge.  Basically, the Squidoo challenge, was a number of steps laid out by an entrepreneurial young man, named Marc Guberti, who'd like to encourage strong writing and quality articles on Squidoo.

Marc is encouraging Squidoo participants to strengthen the site, and help the site get more hits on Google searches.  His steps are incredibly well thought out, including being active on Squidoo, and liking and commenting on the articles of others.  His other two steps include writing two quality articles a week, and updating three older articles per week.  Each of these steps makes a great deal of sense, and will hopefully bring up the hit-counter on Squidoo.  However, the overall challenge isn't to just increase the hit-counter, but create an environment, where internet searchers cannot avoid Squidoo, by offering better and more quality content.

Boneworld Logo -- Sword 6
Boneworld Logo -- Sword 6
Along with that, I've just finished my first week of doing this, by perusing the site for my favorite articles, and making sure I leave my own personal mark on them to let the writers know what I liked and why.  I also made sure to promote any that really struck me on my very own Facebook page.

I went ahead and updated three of my old articles, and added two new ones, that I believe to be of fairly strong quality.  I added a review called Mass Effect, and Almost All Lost, which is a review of the Mass Effect animated film.  Please check it out if your a fan of animated films or of the Mass Effect games.

How To Draw Breeds Of Cats
How To Draw Breeds Of Cats
I also added another How-To Draw article, called How To Draw Breeds Of Cats.  It shows the step-by-step process of drawing a domestic house cat, as well as a Persian cat.  Right now, it's only those two, but I'll be adding more as I go.

With all that going on, I've had precious little time for anything else.  However, I am keeping a close eye on the count down to Metal Hurlant Chronicles on Syfy Channel.  In case you haven't heard, the heavy metal inspired magazine, Metal Hurlant, has inspired a TV series, that up until now has only been aired in France.  However, on April 14, 2014, at 8:00PM, the episodes will begin to air on Syfy Channel for a much larger audience.  The first night will air two episodes, and each following Monday will see two more, until all 12-episodes have aired.  I am so excited!

Heroes Of the North
Photo Credit: Flickr Creative Commons Photo by 5of7
On that note, I've stumbled across an indie TV show, that I'm enjoying, called Heroes Of the North.  I haven't seen many episodes, but what I can tell is, it's a super hero program of specifically Canadien style heroes.  Each hero seems to be inspired by something specifically Canadien.  One is named The Canadien, one is named Fleur-de-Lys, and one is named Nordik.  You get the idea.  It's a low budget indie TV show, with poor acting, dialog, and resources.  But the shows I've seen are pretty cool.  There's adult content and language, and the skin-tight body suits of the heroes doesn't hurt, either.

You can watch Heroes Of the North, on their own website heroesofthenorth.com, or on BlackFlag TV.  I believe the episodes are aired on Black Flag every day.  And Black Flag now has a Roku channel, if you have a Roku.

No comments :

Post a Comment