Saturday, March 1, 2014

Prepping For Saint Paddy's Day and Heavy Metal

Drunken Leprechaun
Drunken Leprechaun
Whoa!!!  It's been some kind of winter, so far, huh?!?

I'm talking crazy snow.  My arms have been exhausted from shoveling--probably because I'm so out of shape, and all.  These string beans can't move mountains.  They were designed for more delicate work.

Anyway, aside from all that, I've been very busy.  I've had a few set backs, but for the most part, things have been going good.

If you're gearing up for Saint Paddy's Day, as I know you are, I pounded out a great How To Draw a Leprechaun article, over at Squidoo.  Click the link to check it out.  If you like that, there's also shirts for sale, over at Boneworld's Zazzle Store, that you can check out, featuring the drunken leprechaun.  Click the links below to check them out.

Get Drunk and Carry On Leprechaun on Zazzle
Get Drunk and Carry On Leprechaun on Zazzle
Cheers Leprechaun
Get Drunk and Carry On Leprechaun

Most people who've read my articles should note that I'm a big fan of anime, and I've written several articles reviewing anime movies, as well as discussing anime topics in depth.  However, the truth is, I've always been more of a fan of American animation and comics.  I wouldn't say I'm any kind of expert on the subject matter, but I am very interested in it.  And because of that, when the option to review a super hero animation came up, I jumped on it.

I reviewed the feature length animated film Ultimate Avengers, in the article Avengers, Bringing Captain America Home.  Click the link to read all about it.

Metal Hurlant
Photo Credit: Flickr Creative Commons Photo by Alexis Ziritt
Along the same lines of my American animation and comics, is Heavy Metal.  The movie, I mean, that was sort of a skit based drug induced science fiction film.  There were two movies, Heavy Metal and Heavy Metal 2000, and it kind of ended there.  The magazine it was based off of discontinued.

However, in France, where the magazine originated, being called Metal Hurlant Chronicles, they've created a new series of shows based upon the magazine, with the same name.  It's again a skit based series of twelve episodes.  Many people are mildly aware that this show was created, and that it was originally only available in France, but that has all changed, as Syfy channel has bought it, and will air the episodes in April.  Check out the full story on Coming Soon and ScienceFiction.com.  This is a great day for anyone who was a fan of the original movies and magazine.

Cheers!

No comments :

Post a Comment