Thursday, September 18, 2014

Moving On Up, and Junk!!!

Ms. Captain America
Photo Credit: Flickr Creative Commons License by Nathan Rupert
It's come to my attention that I've been living under a rock lately.  Not literally, but I'm definitely out of the loop.  For one thing.  I used to be a big writer for the online blogging community Squidoo, but now, as it is, that no longer exists.

WHAT!!!  WHAT YOU SAY?!?  Yes, it's true, Squidoo is no more.

Squidoo was bought out by, HubPages, its closest competitor, and I am now a writer for them.  Hey, what do you know!

HugPages
Photo Credit: FLickr Creative Commons License by Sharon
HubPages is fairly similar to Squidoo, in that it allows almost anyone to sign up for an account, and begin writing articles right away.  The only difference that I can see, is that they have a few more rules concerning Amazon links, and to earn money, you have to have your own Adsense account.

I guess, in a way, that puts the ownership of quality on the writers, rather than the editors.

Anyway, that's fine.  I don't much care where I get to write, as long as I get to keep doing it.

Actually, I was lying about being under a rock.  I knew it was all happening, several weeks ago, and I've been preparing for the move.  I just kind of placed myself under a rock until the dust settled, that's all.

Sword Six Concept
Sword Six Concept
Anyway, I haven't been concentrating on my writing, lately, and instead, I've been able to concentrate on what I really love, and that's on drawing.  The first thing I did, was a concept sketch of Sword Six.  Check out my DeviantArt Gallery for a better look at it.

I'm really happy with how it came out, not just by the standard stance, but I've been studying a lot of manga and anime lately, and I decided to change up his armor, and I put a lot into the horse tail from the back of his mask.  I think it came out great.

The second big thing I did, was my first big animation effort.  It an animated short of my newest character, named "Coot."  He's a pervy old man who can't be bothered by the rest of the world, unless that involves some young girl in a short skirt.

Please check out the animation, and let me know what you think.


I'm proud of the animation, because it's my first, but more importantly, I did it all with freeware applications, such as InkScape, Synfig Studios and Audacity.  So, I'm extra special proud of all the work I put in.  It took several weeks from story-boarding to finally uploading it to YouTube.

Suicide Girl
Photo Credit: Flickr Creative Commons License by Suicide Girls
I have a few ideas for my next animated adventures, but I'm not exactly sure where I'll go from here.  I'll just have to wing it.

So, hey, why not just subscribe to my YouTube Channel, to make sure you get the latest updates.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by!

No comments :

Post a Comment